Saturday, October 15, 2011

I think there's probably an "awareness day", or week, or month, for just about every issue or event imaginable, as well as for a whole lot more that aren't imaginable. I don't know how much they actually accomplish. Maybe I'm just too oblivious to too many things anyway, but I generally only notice the ones that do mean something to me, so they don't actually help me, personally, to become any more "aware" of anything.

So with that disclaimer, here's the announcement that today, October 15th, is International Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day. I did remember that it was in October, but I never remember the actual date until one or two (or three or four...it's amazing how many people there are that are touched by this, and I don't actually follow that many blogs) of my blogging friends and acquaintances mention it. Come to think of it, I didn't even see a mention on Facebook. And I'm not going to post anything there, either, because I'm too busy praying for good friends in New Mexico, USA, who had a baby on Tuesday and are all praying that she doesn't join the statistics of "infant loss."

The dates I do remember are, selfishly, my own private ones. February 25th. December 1st. April 17th. Birth-days that all came far too early and were cause for mourning, not rejoicing. Dates which are remembered usually only by me, and not celebrated by anybody.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for your sad days. I hope and pray that your friend's baby survived.

    Best wishes
    Jen in Oz

    ReplyDelete